I’ve been trying to get more beets into my life and have found that blending them up with sweet apples, tart frozen berries, and a squeeze of lime juice seems to be the easiest and most delicious way to do that!
Don’t get me wrong, I love roasted beets or a raw beet salad with goat cheese, but it’s so easy to throw them into my breakfast smoothies and know that I’m still reaping their amazing nutritional benefits.
Plus just LOOK AT THIS VIBRANT COLOR! Don’t you want to just drink it all up?!
Even my husband (who can’t stand beets in any form) loves this smoothie and says he can’t even taste the beets! Woo!
Beet & Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup plant milk or coconut water
- 1 Apple chopped
- ½ beetroot peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tbsp flax seeds optional
- 1 knob fresh ginger peeled, or ½ tsp ground ginger
- Squeeze of lime juice about 1/2 lime
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.